Wednesday 7 August 2013

My journey starts (2)

Document 1

part 2

Bright, white light encroached my eyes. I protected them like a mother would protect her baby, shielding them from the devilish sudden illumination that threatened to make them yield to its imperious ways. After a while, my eyes adjust to the change in light intensity. What lay before made my jaw drop all the way to the earth's core(only if that was possible!). 

A juggernaut black sphere with four gleaming legs had juxtaposed what had been the back fence of my Grandma's garden. The monstrous machine sat with ease. A hole started to form at the center of the part of the sphere that faced me. A sleek, red telescope propelled itself eagerly centimetres away from my face, inspecting every aspect of me until it was satisfied. Then, it retreated back into the red abyss, the hole that had previously marvelled from the centre part of the sphere that faced me. Just as the telescope (or whatever the inhabitants of the sphere would call it) was comfortably snug inside the red hole, and the red hole disappeared as swiftly as it had appeared. 

I prepared to pinch myself extremely painfully so I could arouse from this never ending nightmare dream and find myself snug in the warmth of my bed, when another incredulous thing happened. I decided that it would wise to see what happened next, after-all, tomorrow was Sunday and I was quite liking the direction the dream was going. It was turning out to be quite interesting. 

A green beam of matrix was shone across my body, like in the sci-fi movies, which soon disappeared and a door was fashioned, followed by staircase that led to the door. 

I walked up the staircase, twisted the knob of the door and entered a corridor that stretched  to infinity. The door closed firmly behind me as I circumspectly brisk-walked through the corridor. After what seemed eternity, I finally found a lift. Next to the lift door, was a button, about the size of a fist of a moderate troll. On it was a word, which read IDENTIFY in big, bold white capital letters. Sensing this was the button that would give me access to this ...peculiar lift, I pushed with all my might, because it was indeed hard to press. As I completed my task, and waited patiently to get a response to my action, I wondered to myself:

"Who was this button designed for? Surely not for a scrawny boy of fourteen years like me"

The doors to the lift opened. Not a millisecond after I stepped onto the red velvety carpet that lay lazily across the floor of the grand lift, I was met with a similar beam of green light that I had encountered outside before I entered the sphere robot.

Silence.

Abruptly, the lift came to life and transported me to another level elegantly. It juddered to a halt. The opening of the door marked the beginning of a new life for me...  

           

No comments:

Post a Comment